The physical signs of overweight:
- The base of the tail is thickened and has a moderate amount of tissue between the skin and bone.
- The ribs are difficult to palpate and are covered by a moderate layer of fatty or adipose tissue.
- Although the bone structures are still palpable, the bone ends are also covered by a moderate layer of fat.
- Back slightly widened when viewed from above
- The shape of the waist is scarce or absent when the dog is seen from the side
Assessing obesity in dogs
Obesity in dogs is a really serious disease and if a dog is obese it is very easy to observe how their attitude has changed, they do not tolerate physical exercise and remain tired throughout the day.
Open Next Page To See more